Holistic Nutrition is an individual approach to health and wellness that addresses the imbalances within your body that you may be experiencing through eating habits and lifestyle. Maintaining a strong and healthy immune system is important to living well and living longer. Even just one visit to a Holistic Nutritionist can have positive results in the way you eat, sleep and live. It's never too late to start taking care of yourself!
“Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” ~Denis Waitley
What is Holistic Nutrition and Who Needs It?
Holistic means treating the body as a whole. Holistic Nutrition is an individual approach that addresses the imbalances within your body that you may be experiencing through your eating habits and lifestyle.
Here are some reasons why you may need Holistic Nutrition consulting:
- you have digestive complaints such as gas, bloating, frequent diarrhea, constipation
- you have restrictive food choices due to a particular condition or allergy and you need help managing it
- you are under/overweight and do not have a healthy relationship with food
- you suffer from PMS, menopause, ADHD
- you suspect that you have food sensitivities, but not sure how to pinpoint them
- you are frequently sick and/or lethargic
- you wish to simply improve your eating habits
- you would like advice and support for a cleanse or detox
- you work in a toxic environment such as oil & gas, welding, painting, etc
- you have a family history of many medical conditions
Signs that you may benefit from a nutritional consultation:
- difficulty losing weight
- premature aging
- hormone imbalances
- eczema/skin rashes
- heartburn or indigestion
- sleep disturbances
- chronic aches & pains
- mood swings, anxiety
- frequent headaches
- lack of energy
- high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol
- food allergies and/or sensitivities
- weight gain around mid-section
- less than one bowel movement per day
Or maybe you are just needing a little nudge in the right direction, and you are looking to incorporate a few small changes but don't know where to start.
The aim of the Initial Consultation is to help you achieve your health-related goals. Whether that is to facilitate your weight loss, increase your energy, or eliminate food sensitivities, my goal is to help you reach yours and hopefully prevent any future health problems.
The first step will be to complete a Lifestyle Assessment Form. This questionnaire will give me an idea of your lifestyle, medical and family history, and dietary habits. Next, you will need to complete the Nutritional System Profile which will help me uncover any general deficiencies and imbalances, and aid me in planning your personalized health plan. These answers will help me determine areas of greatest imbalance and more specifically, define the underlying issues in a particular body system.
Why follow-up appointments?
It is important to follow up to see how you are doing with your new plan; to make sure that it still works for you and your lifestyle in the event of any changes. Being accountable for following your new plan is also important so that you will not stray from your goals. I am here for support and to help you achieve you health goals.