An Edible Life is a growing food business that creates healthy prepared meals, take out coffee, smoothies, snacks and baking. We are looking for new team members to join us in creating these healthy meals.
* Do you love fresh, local and organic ingredients? * Are you passionate about food and creating healthy meals? * Are you light on the salt, and choose spices for more flavor instead? * Do you have a genuine interest in healthy eating, cooking and living. Our ideal candidate is someone who says YES to the above questions.
Kitchen Manager -Experienced Cook or Chef
Full Time 40 hours/week
Hours: Monday - Friday (Daytime hours!)
Wage: commensurate on work experience
Ideal Candidate’s Skills:
- We require at least 3 years experience working in a commercial kitchen as a trained cook or Chef.
- Knife skills a must!
- Excellent communication skills with customers and staff
- Able to keep the workplace clean and organized
- ability to prioritize cooking schedule and work duties
- follow directions and recipes carefully
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Customer Service - pleasantly assisting customers with purchases and questions
- speak, write and read English
- works well alone as well as with others in a small work environment
- Self-directed with strong problem-solving skills
- experience in food ordering
This position would include the following tasks:
- preparing meals according to recipes
- creating new menu items
- keep workplace clean and organized
- clean dishes, sweep, mop, clean a washroom, dust, etc
- cash handling - cash, debit, credit cards, gift certificates
- capable of lifting up to 50lbs
- re-stock products and keep track of inventory
- able to work early mornings or evening shifts
- *** must have own accommodation***
Potential for advancement.
Please send a resume with a brief cover letter (explaining why you would like to work here) to: ediblelife(at)telus.net or drop off a resume in person to:
109-112 Kananaskis Way
Thank you in advance to all applicants, however only candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.